IMPORTANT! PLEASE READ CAREFULLY. THIS IS A CONTRACT. BY USING THIS WEB SITE, YOU ACCEPT ALL TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS AGREEMENT. If you disagree with any of the terms that follow, or do not agree to be bound by all such terms, do not use this Web Site.
- Trademarks, Copyrights And Restrictions
- Copyrights And Copyright Agent
- Disclaimers And Limitations On Liability
- Rules For Bulletin Boards, Chatrooms And Other Forums
- Submissions Policy
- Linking Policy & Linked Web Sites
- Third Parties
- Membership & Registration
- Making A Purchase On Or Via The Web Site
- Violations Of These Terms
- Contact Us
2. The information and features included in this Web Site have been compiled from a variety of sources, are for informational and entertainment purposes only, and are subject to change at any time without notice. This Web Site and all information it contains are provided "AS IS." By accessing or linking to this Web Site, you assume the risk that the information on this Web Site may be incomplete, inaccurate, out of date, or may not meet your needs and requirements.
Trademarks, Copyrights, and Restrictions
4. You shall not post, send, upload, transmit, distribute or otherwise publish, through Bulletin Boards, Chat Rooms, or other forums conducted on this Web Site ("Forums"), or otherwise, any content that:
- libels, defames, invades privacy or is indecent, obscene, pornographic, abusive, or threatening;
- infringes any intellectual property right of any entity or person, including, but not limited to, violating anyone's copyrights or trademarks or their right of publicity;
- violates any law;
- violates or infringes upon the rights of CBS Television Distribution, BTT, the Third Parties, Web Site users or the public, including material which is an invasion of privacy or publicity rights;
- advocates illegal activity or activity that would give rise to civil liability;
- solicits gambling or constitutes a gambling activity
- interferes with anyone else's use of this Web Site;
- contains a virus or other harmful component; or
- advertises or constitutes a commercial endeavor, or otherwise solicits funds, goods or services. (collectively "Non- Approved Material").
Copyrights and Copyright Agent
5. Company respects the intellectual property of others and we ask our users to do the same. In accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, Company has designated a Copyright Agent to receive notice of claims of copyright infringement on this Web Site. If you believe that your work has been copied on the Web Site in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please promptly provide Company's Copyright Agent by email at DTVLegal@CBSParamount.com or at the following postal address: 2401 Colorado Avenue, Suite #110, Santa Monica, CA 90404 Attention: Copyright Agent, the following information:
- an electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest;
- a description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed;
- a description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the Web Site;
- your address, telephone number and email address;
- a statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent or the law;
- a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are either the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner's behalf.
Disclaimers and Limitations on Liability
6. THIS WEB SITE AND ALL MATERIALS CONTAINED ON IT ARE DISTRIBUTED AND TRANSMITTED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, WARRANTIES OF TITLE OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND THOSE ARISING BY STATUTE OR OTHERWISE IN LAW OR FROM A COURSE OF DEALING OR USAGE OF TRADE. COMPANY, BTT, AND ANY OF THEIR PARENT, SUBSIDIARY AND AFFILIATED COMPANIES AND THEIR EMPLOYEES, OFFICERS, AGENTS AND ASSIGNEES, AS APPLICABLE (COLLECTIVELY, THE "AFFILIATES") ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY INFECTION, CONTAMINATION OR HARMFUL EFFECTS TO YOUR SYSTEM OR DELAYS, INACCURACIES, ERRORS, OR OMISSIONS ARISING OUT OF YOUR USE OF THIS SITE OR WITH RESPECT TO THE MATERIAL. THE ENTIRE RISK AS TO QUALITY, ACCURACY, ADEQUACY, COMPLETENESS, CORRECTNESS, RELIABILITY AND VALIDITY OF ANY MATERIAL RESTS WITH YOU. COMPANY AND THE AFFILIATES SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES THAT MAY RESULT FROM THE USE OF, OR THE INABILITY TO USE THE MATERIAL, WHETHER THE MATERIAL IS PROVIDED OR OTHERWISE SUPPLIED BY COMPANY OR THE AFFILIATES OR ANYONE ELSE, OR EVEN WHEN COMPANY, THE AFFILIATES OR AN AUTHORIZED REPRESENTATIVE THEREOF HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. NOTWITHSTANDING THE FOREGOING, IN NO EVENT SHALL COMPANY'S OR THE AFFILIATES' TOTAL LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ALL DAMAGES, LOSSES, CAUSES OF ACTION (WHETHER IN CONTRACT OR TORT (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, NEGLIGENCE) OR OTHERWISE) EXCEED $100. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF CERTAIN WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS, AND/OR THE DISCLAIMER OF SOME TYPES OF DAMAGES, SO SOME OF THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
COMPANY AND THE AFFILIATES DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL RESPONSIBILITY AND LIABILITY FOR THE ACCURACY, CONTENT, PRODUCTS, SERVICES OR AVAILABILITY OF INFORMATION FOUND ON THIS SITE AND ON OTHER WEB SITES THAT LINK TO OR FROM THIS SITE FROM THIRD PARTIES NOT ASSOCIATED WITH COMPANY. COMPANY AND THE AFFILIATES MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES AS TO THE SECURITY OF ANY INFORMATION, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, INFORMATION THAT YOU MIGHT BE REQUESTED TO GIVE ANY THIRD PARTY WEB SITE.
BY ACCESSING THIS WEB SITE, I UNDERSTAND THAT I MAY BE WAIVING RIGHTS WITH RESPECT TO CLAIMS THAT ARE AT THIS TIME UNKNOWN OR UNSUSPECTED, AND IN ACCORDANCE WITH SUCH WAIVER, I ACKNOWLEDGE THAT I HAVE READ AND UNDERSTAND, AND HEREBY EXPRESSLY WAIVE, THE BENEFITS OF SECTION 1542 OF THE CIVIL CODE OF CALIFORNIA, WHICH PROVIDES AS FOLLOWS: "A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS WHICH THE CREDITOR DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE, WHICH IF KNOWN BY HIM MUST HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR."
In addition, Internet transmissions are never completely secure or private. You understand that any message or material you send to this Web Site may be read or intercepted by others. Neither Company nor the Affiliates are responsible for any resulting damage to any user's computer from any such security breach, or from any virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, computer line failure or any other technical or other malfunction. You should also be aware that e-mail submissions over the Internet may not be secure, and you should consider this before e-mailing the Web Site or Company any personal or confidential information. Company and the Affiliates make no representation or warranty whatsoever regarding the suitability, functionality, availability or operation of this Web Site. This Web Site may be temporarily unavailable due to maintenance or malfunction of computer equipment.
Additionally, the Web Site contains Material that is for entertainment purposes only and is not a depiction of fact, and shall not be considered factual by you. Other than for entertainment purposes, you acknowledge and agree not to rely on such Material. The Web Site may also contain facts, opinions, views, statements and recommendations of third party individuals or organizations. The Web Site does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any facts, opinions, views, statements and/or recommendation or other information displayed, uploaded or distributed through the Web Site. You acknowledge that neither Company nor the Affiliates gives tax, legal or investment advice or advocates the purchase or sale of any security or investment.
Company cannot ensure that you will be satisfied with any products, merchandise or services that may be advertised on the Web Site or that you may purchase from the Web Site or a third-party Web site that may be on, or linked to or from, the Web Site. Company does not endorse any third party products, merchandise and/or services, nor has Company taken any steps to confirm the accuracy or reliability of, any of the information contained in any third party advertisements or third-party web sites. Company does not make any representations or warranties as to the security of any information (including, without limitation, credit card and other personal information) you might be requested to give Company or any third party, and you hereby irrevocably waive any claim against Company and the Affiliates, as applicable, with respect to the Web Site and any third party web sites. Company strongly encourages you to make whatever investigation you feel necessary or appropriate before proceeding with any online or offline transaction with any of these third parties.
Rules for Bulletin Boards and Chatrooms and Other Forums
8. Neither Company nor the Affiliates are responsible for any material posted on any Forum. Company and the Affiliates are not responsible or liable to any person or entity (including, but not limited to, persons who may use or rely on such material) for any loss, damage (whether actual, consequential, punitive or otherwise), injury, claim, liability or other cause of any kind or character based upon or resulting from any material provided through this Web Site.
Company does not and cannot review every message posted by users in the Forums, and is not responsible for the content of these messages. Company reserves the right to, but is not obligated to, delete, move, edit or disclose the contents of messages that it, in its sole discretion contains Non-Approved Material or is otherwise unacceptable. In addition, Company may delete, move, edit or disclose the contents of messages when it is required to do so by law or in a good faith belief that such action is necessary to protect and defend the rights and property of Company and the Affiliates and/or to protect the safety of our users or the public. Please be aware that certain message boards and similar user forums may disclose a user's IP address along with the user's name and message. To protect your safety, please use your best judgment when using these forums, and consider carefully whether you want to disclose any information that can be used to identify or locate you.
Any material you upload to any Forum or submit to us shall be governed by our Submissions Policy set forth below.
Linking Policy & Linked Web Sites
10. This Web Site contains intellectual property that is protected from unauthorized use, copying and dissemination by copyright, trademark and other laws. If you link to this Web Site, we require that you follow these guidelines. The link to this Web Site must not damage, dilute or tarnish the goodwill associated with Company, the Affiliates, or related names and/or intellectual property, nor may the link create the false appearance that your web site and/or organization is sponsored, endorsed by, affiliated and/or associated with Company or the Affiliates. You agree that you will not link to the Web Site from any source that is unlawful, abusive, indecent or obscene, that promotes violence or illegal acts, that contains expressions of racism, that is libelous, defamatory, scandalous, or inflammatory or is otherwise inappropriate. If you do link to the Web Site, you may link only to the home page, and not to any other page, directory or subdomain of the Web Site. Under no circumstances may you "frame" this Web Site or alter its intellectual property or content in any way. Company reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to terminate a link with any web site that it deems inappropriate or inconsistent with the Web Site and/or these Terms. Neither Company nor the Affiliates are responsible for the content or performance of any portion of the Internet including other web sites to which this Web Site may be linked or from which this Web Site may be accessed. Users are requested to inform Company of any errors or inappropriate material found on web sites to which this Web Site is or may be linked.
11. Neither Company nor the Affiliates are necessarily affiliated with web sites that may be linked to this Web Site and they are not responsible for their content. Such web sites are for your convenience only and you access them at your own risk. A link from this Web Site to any other web site does not mean that Company or the Affiliates approve of, endorse or recommend the web site.
12. This Web Site may contain sweepstakes, contests or other promotions that require you to send material or information about yourself. Please note that sweepstakes, contests or promotions offered via the Web Site may be governed by a separate set of rules that, in addition to describing such sweepstakes, contest or promotion, may have eligibility requirements, such as certain age or geographic area restrictions. It is your responsibility to read such rules to determine whether or not your participation, registration and/or entry is valid. You agree to read and comply with such rules before entering any sweepstakes, contest or promotion on this Web Site.
Your dealings or communications through the Web Site with any party other than Company or the Affiliates are solely between you and that third party. Certain areas of the Web Site may allow you to conduct transactions or purchase goods or services. Third-party partners and vendors may conduct these transactions. Under no circumstances will the Web Site and/or Company or the Affiliates be liable for any goods, services, resources or content available through such third party dealings or communications, or for any harm related thereto. Please carefully review that third party's policies and practices and make sure you are comfortable with those policies and practices before you engage in any transaction. Any complaints, concerns or questions you may have relating to materials provided by third parties should be forwarded directly to such third parties.
Membership & Registration
Certain areas and/or services offered via the Web Site may require registration or may otherwise ask you to provide information to participate in certain features or access certain content. The decision to provide this information is purely optional; however, if you elect not to provide such information, you may not be able to access certain content or features or participate in various areas and/or services offered via the Web Site. When you register or become a member of the Web Site or provide information to the Web Site in any other manner, you agree to provide only true, accurate, current and complete information.
If you become a member of the Web Site or any portion thereof, you agree to accept responsibility for all activities that occur under your account or password, and agree you will not sell, transfer or assign your membership or any membership rights. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and for restricting access to your computer so that others may not access the password protected portion of the Web Site using your name in whole or in part. The Web Site reserves the right to terminate membership and deny access to the Web Site to any person who violates these Terms.
Making a Purchase on or via The Web Site
In the event any products, merchandise and/or services are sold on the Web Site and any such products, merchandise and/or services are listed on the Web Site at an incorrect price or with other incorrect information, Company shall have the right to refuse or cancel any orders placed for such products, merchandise and/or services and Company is hereby released from any and all liability related to the same. Company shall have the right to refuse or cancel any such orders whether or not the order has been confirmed and/or your credit card has been charged. If a product offered by Company or a third party is not as described, your sole remedy is to return it to Company or such party for a refund, at Company or such party's sole discretion.
No software from the Web Site may be downloaded, exported or re-exported (i) into (or to a national or resident of) any countries that are subject to U.S. export restrictions, or (ii) to anyone on the U.S. Treasury Department's list of Specially Designated Nations or the U.S. Commerce Department's Table of Deny Orders. You represent and warrant that you are not located in, under the control of, or a national or resident of any such country on any such list.
Violations of These Terms
Company will determine your compliance with these Terms in its sole discretion. Any violation of these Terms may result in restrictions on your access to all or part of the Web Site and may be referred to law enforcement authorities. Company reserves the right to modify or discontinue this Web Site, or any portion thereof (including Forums) without notice to you or any third party. Upon termination of your membership or access to the Web Site, or upon demand by Company, you must destroy all materials obtained from this Web Site and all related documentation and all copies and installations thereof. You are advised that Company will aggressively enforce its rights to the fullest extent of the law, including, without limitation, the seeking of criminal prosecution against you.
Questions or comments regarding these Terms and/or the Web Site please send an email to DTVLegal@CBSParamount.com